Note! Before the runup, the engine oil temperature
must be at least 40 deg C and cylinder head temperature (CHT) not less
than 120 deg. C.
Ensure the propeller control is set to fully fine (forward), then
perform the following checks:
1. Set 70% RPM and cycle propeller three times. When the
propeller control is pulled fully back, verify 53% RPM.
2. Set propeller fully fine, RPM=70% then move propeller control
back to 64% RPM. Note manifold pressure, move the throttle forward
increasing manifold pressure by 100 mm - the RPM should remain constant
(some initial increase is acceptable before it settles back to 64%).
Throttle back to the previous manifold pressure, then move throttle back
further to decrease manifold pressure by 100mm - RPM should remain constant
(some initial decrease is acceptable).
3. Set propeller fully fine, RPM=70% and check both mags.
Maximum RPM drop allowed is 3%.
4. Minimum RPM check: Idle the throttle (prop still fully
fine) - RPM should be 24%-28% with stable engine run (with no tendency
to stop). Check that the oil and fuel pressures are no less than
0.15 kg/cm2 for fuel, and 1.00 kg/cm2
for oil. Press the volt-ammeter button and check battery voltage
5. Check the engine quick response: from minimum RPM, move
throttle forward increasing RPM to 80% within 1-2 seconds. RPM must
increase without delays, "flat spots" or misfire.
6. Set 58% RPM, check generator voltage is 27V-29V.
7. Move the throttle back slowly, watching RPM and "Generator
Failure" light. The light should come ON when RPM is approximately
34%. Then move throttle forward slowly - the light should come OFF
when RPM= 36-38%.